Original Helena Streetcar

38 S Last Chance Gulch St, Helena, MT, United States

Website

With the arrival of the Northern Pacific in 1883, Joseph O’Neill began a taxi service using horse-drawn trolleys like this one. For ten cents, passengers rode brightly painted trolleys between the Northern Pacific Depot, a mile to the northeast, and downtown. Great Falls legislator Charles Bovey and his wife, Sue, were great collectors of Montana’s early treasures and spent a fortune buying, restoring, and replicating buildings in Virginia City and Nevada City, Montana. The Boveys donated the trolley to the people of Helena.

 

Visited 2710 times, 2 Visits today

Posted in Attractions

Reviews are disabled, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.

Related Listings