Have you thought much yet about your holiday shopping list? Here at the Helena Tourism Alliance we are still working on all our gift buying. To make things easier on you, we’ve compiled a list of the Top 10 Greatest Helena Gifts. New this year we have added a “Kids Category” and “Stocking Stuffer Ideas.” We encourage you to shop local in Helena this winter!
Top 10 Helena, Montana Gifts to Give in 2015
10. We’re going to start BIG, really BIG. A Fat Tire Bike from one of Helena’s Bike Shops will make that mountain bike rider in your family one happy person. Fat Tire bikes are all the rage. Riding your bike on snow and ice is thrilling. And, with Helena’s trail system, you’ve got the perfect place to ride.
9. Refillable Wine Growler from Helena’s Hawthorne Bottle Shop & Tasting Room. These beautiful 32 oz handcrafted wine growlers are perfect for the wine lover in your life. Giving the woman in your life the excuse to go to the Hawthorne and fill her growler = priceless.
8. Helena Art. Okay – this category is pretty broad, but art is pretty diverse so we’re giving ourselves some latitude here. Some of our favorite places to buy from Helena’s and Montana’s art scene include the Archie Bray Foundation, The Holter Museum of Art, Birds & Beasleys, the Ghost Art Gallery, and 1+1 Gallery.
7. Bike Montana T-Shirt: When we asked for suggestions on the best gift to give, a Bike Walk Montana T-Shirt was not something that I envisioned on the list, but then we saw the shirt. You have to gift this shirt. It’s so cool.
6. Grandstreet Theatre topped our list last year with their Dinner & Theatre package which offered an incredible value and a ready-made date. That package is still available. This year another great Grandstreet gift idea is the Flex 4 pass. You get four theatre tickets that you can use for four different shows, or all at the same time. Mix it up how you like – it’s FLEXable.
5. The Half Price Passport from the Great Divide Ski Area is always something that’s on the list of things I’d like to receive. For $59 you get a 10-punch card that allows you to purchase you lift ticket at half the price. It’s transferable and never expires.
4. For the unexpected guest, we recommend a trip to Aizada Imports in Downtown Helena. Aizada offers great gifts for gals. They have a beautiful assortment of scarves. Check out their web site for more info. Aizada is open Monday to Friday, 11 am to 6 pm and Saturday 11 am to 5 pm. Sunday hours vary so give them a call.
3. The next gift is perfect for the person who is perceived to “have everything” and “needs nothing.” Helena’s Paint N Party offers the chance for you to create art work of your very own. Get a certificate for a couple, a good friend or an entire family. You will create a canvas materpiece that will last a life time.
2. Celebrating 150 Years, the Montana Historical Society is a priceless resource in our state. This year our number two gift to give is a membership to the Montana Historical Society. A family membership is $70 annually. This is your chance to give a unique gift – an investment in the past for our future. Here’s a link that makes it super easy to gift a membership.
1. And…the number one gift of the season, a beautiful holiday wreath from Tizer Botanic Gardens.
You can purchase a mixed green wreath or a Douglas Fir wreath. Wreathes are $35 each and Tizer will ship it for you, an additional charge of $20. Perfect Montana gift if there ever was one. Order online with this link.
Best Kids Gifts of the Season
- Lasso the Moon in Downtown Helena is perfect place to shop for the children in your life. The owner tells us that the must have item of the season is the MagnaTab Free Play.
- A gift card to the Painted Pot gives kids the perfect chance to be creative. They can make their very own piggy bank, or ornament, or ice cream bowl. There are plenty of choices! This could also make for a fun family holiday outing!
- Exploration Works Science Center – a family membership will be appreciated by the entire family, but especially the kids.
- Unlimited Spins! – an annual pass to the Great Northern Carousel lets a child ride whenever they wish – all year long.
- The Holter Museum of Art offers a variety of children’s classes – check their schedule and pick the best fit for your young artist.
Five Best Stocking Stuffers
- The Helena Trifecta of Beer Tokes – one from Every Brewery in Helena: Blackfoot River Brewing Company, Lewis & Clark Brewery and Ten Mile Brewery.
- A Prickly Pear Land Trust Helena Map – available at Helena sporting goods stores and bike shops.
- A Downtown Helena Gift Card – shop at over 50 Downtown Helena merchants and restaurants.
- A Jar of Salted Caramel Sauce from the Big Dipper – we need not say more.
- The HUB Coffee Hydro Flask makes the perfect gift – throw in a HUB gift card and you’ve got a great gift.