Accepting Applications — Tourism Marketing Summer 2016 Intern
The Helena Tourism Alliance, Helena’s destination marketing entity, is looking for an energetic, people-person to assist with summer communications, special events, and visitor education.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the Helena area and Helena attractions, will be trustworthy and fun to be around. You would be based out of our headquarters and visitor information center in Historic Reeder’s Alley.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist staff with generating blog post ideas and content, including publishing your own posts.
- Take over the @visithelenamontana Instagram account, add to #helenamt.
- Write press releases on behalf of the Helena Tourism Alliance.
- Provide event assistance for annual events.
- Enhance website content.
- Greet Helena visitors and answer their questions, encouraging longer stays in the Helena area.
- Help maintain visual presence in the Visitor Center.
- Lead tours of Reeder’s Alley and Pioneer Cabin.
- Process payments in visitor information center.
- Looking for someone to start early to mid-May 2016 through August 2016.
- This part-time position will be required to work evenings and weekends. Specifics to be determined. Tentatively, evenings from 5-7 pm, weekends from 10am-2pm.
- Position is unpaid, we are willing to work with you to meet your internship requirements.
- You must be able to lift 30-pound boxes.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Adobe Design Suite, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and WordPress is a plus.
Position open until filled.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected].